Sorry olympus but you lost a loyal customer.

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
esco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780
Like?
Re:I agree..
In reply to Stacey_K, Nov 8, 2012

Stacey_K wrote:

I guess some people don't understand the image making opportunities these newer sensors open up? Maybe we should just all go back to film since it's "not the camera"? I don't see people jumping on that bandwagon.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Ah yes now you're getting the flak that I was getting when I dived into canon ff a few years ago and I didn't even mention anything about leaving olympus and still haven't. There are shooting oppurtunities that a really good high iso sensor and bright glass will offer you that will be extremely difficult if even possible with 4/3's and this is something that I didn't just say for the sake of saying on the internet this is something that I put into practice as I went around doing street photography at night using nothing but ambient light and shooting at iso 3200, 6400 with bright glass while getting excellent results and rarely having to use noise reduction that can smear the detail. I even had a good amount of room to process which is a direct benefit of having really good dr as this is something that diminishes sharply as you shoot in high iso so you really need to have a good amount from the start.
There are people here that will not grasp this, be it they are in denial of such oppurtunies to be had and somehow think can use thier skill to overcome these critical scenarios which in reality you technically can't overcome what a really good sensor AND bright glass will do no matter how hard you try you'll end up with a photo that looks every bit as much as the gear struggling behind it or you just can't capture it. There are no if's and's or but's behind this and still somehow people found a way to bash me for going over to the dark side but i'm happy to have been using the right tool for the job because I wouldn't have been able to do a lot of the work or at the least in the quality that i've been doing it in.

People often say you don't need the latest and greatest and that's true but on the contrary using archaic gear has many caveats and if photography is that important to you than why pass up wonderful shooting oppurtunies by using gear that isn't suitable??
Why struggle when you can excel?

Oldschool Evolt shooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow