X-S1 giving my DSLR a run for the money

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,421Gear list
Like?
not really ...
In reply to coaltrain, Nov 8, 2012

coaltrain wrote:

This is what I was hoping for with the purchase of my X-S1.

Squirrels?

My wife and I were shooting together yesterday at a Gray Squirrel cleaning up under the bird feeders. I was shooting the X-S1 while she had our Pentax K-5 with DA* 60-250 lens. I've been waiting for the opportunity to compare the two rigs - the $600 Bridge camera vs. the $2200 DSLR setup. I must say that I am quite impressed with the Fuji - I think it gave the DSLR a run for its money with these shots.

Well, her composition is far better. You managed to cut the squirrel in half with the background. You did not capture the ambient light in the background as the Pentax so clearly did. You managed to get the eye in shadow while the Pentax shot has the face fully lit and thus much more pleasant to look at. The platform is far too light in your image when compared with the Pentax image. And the Pentax tones are much richer while yours look washed out.

All in all the Pentax (or your wife) crushed the X-S1 (or you) ...

The point here is that comparisons like this are about the photographer, not the technology ... I think you can see who I think won this battle ...

First image is the X-S1 - second is the K-5 w/DA*60-250

Fujifilm X-S1

K-5 w/DA*60-250

-- hide signature --

~Stan~

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow