Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Optical1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Alternatives to this forum?
In reply to Simon Joinson, Nov 8, 2012

Simon Joinson wrote:

Optical1 wrote:

I've grown quite tired of the activity on this forum since the introduction of m0d3rat0rs to the forum, and I'm ready to contribute elsewhere, which is disappointing since I really enjoy the community here for the most part. Aside from this forum, and mu-43.com (which I'm not particularly fond of due to the forum layout) what are our alternatives where we can discuss m43 gear?

We have no new moderators. You guys fight like kids in the playground and complain about each other more than most of the other forums added together. This means you get more moderation from the DPR staff.

We will soon introduce moderators selected from the community, who will act more transparently. Until then you have the same moderation you always had, and you bring this attention on yourselves.

I deleted a lot of threads this morning because they broke rule number 2:

Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.

Note that we will not discuss the moderation of posts that break the rules by discussing the moderation of users.

SJ

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon,

Thank you for your response to my post.  I realize that there are limitations to your resources, and you are doing what you can/need to do to keep the forum civilized.  I believe that an explanation of the situation has gone a long way to clarify that the current situation is temporary, and that a better solution is in the works.

While the moderation techniques may not have changed, the perception that the moderation methods have become heavy handed is a real concern that affects many of us who are not 'problem children'.  I'm sure the situation has been exacerbated by the recent forum changes, leading to the critical mass that has caused this issue.  I appreciate your clarification of the issue, and look forward to meeting our community mods when the time comes, and the transparency they will bring to the moderation in this forum.

-Kiel

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow