NEX-6 a complete outfit

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,799
Like?
Re: NEX-6 a complete outfit
In reply to desvejk, Nov 8, 2012

desvejk wrote:

I wonder how many people use a back pack designed for photographers?

Lots. If you need to carry a DSLR and pro glass around all day... it's the only way to go.

NEX users don't typically have to carry that amount of weight. Still, if you plan on having more than the original kit lens you'll likely need multiple solutions. My NEX hasn't arrived yet but I have a bag plan that involves 3 bags:

* A small shoulder bag for NEX6 and kit lens plus one other lens. I'm considering the Lowepro Adventura 120.

* An existing small Lowepro photo backpack. This will take the NEX plus multiple lenses, flashes, accessories. Previously, I used this to carry a DSL plus several lenses and/or flash units.

* An existing day pack that will carry a laptop, and a bunch of non-photo stuff. However, I bought a cheap padded insert that will take 3 lenses and will just drop into the main compartment of that very comfortable backpack.

Most photo backpacks are (1) expensive and (2) uncomfortable. If you want all day comfort, get a "real" hikers backpack and some padded bags/wraps/inserts for your photo gear. A good one will still be a bit costly but at least it will be comfortable.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow