Cable Release for RX100

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
millsart
Senior MemberPosts: 2,771
Like?
Good idea but absurd price, build your own for less than $10
In reply to BillSprague, Nov 8, 2012

Its a good idea, and I've done the same thing as I wanted a way to use the bulb mode for exposures longer than 30 seconds, which only can be done in bulb mode and with a locking cable release

Luckily, all it takes its a couple pieces of aluminum which you can order for a few dollars of plenty of internet sites.

Its a metal that is also easy enough to drill/cut yourself so just make a little bracket and get a mechanical cable release.

Drill a small hole in the top of your bracket and JB Weld a threaded nut, I forget what size I used, to thread the cable release into, as you might strip the hole if you just drilled the aluminum and used it a lot and your in business.

Not quite as slick looking, but realistically how often are you going to such a thing with the RX100 ?

I made it for a trip to the beach so I could take some long exposures of the water,  Worked great, and the camera itself delivers some impressive results for something that fits into a pocket

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow