Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Canon G15 vs G12 vs P7700 studio comparison tool
Nov 8, 2012

My take from it looking at the studio comparison tool and looking at the watch in the lower right hand corner mostly:

1. The G15 with the extra 2MP’s give it an edge and give is a bit more fine detail than the G12.
  2. RAW images of the G12 has less noise and looks just as good at 80-800 ISO as the G15 does. I guess I need to resort to shooting RAW + JPG from now on to get the most out of my G12 (for those special pictures) from now on
  3. JPG images from the G15 has less noise than the P700, very close to the G12 but still with more fine detail due to the extra 2MP's.
  4. The P7700 does not have good JPG’s, but in RAW, it is basically the same as the G15 and better than the G12, as far as fine detail is concerned. If you shoot mainly RAW and want/need the extra focal range, it may be the way to go for you.

I only compared images shot from 80-800 ISO’s because I don’t believe these three cameras with their small 1/1.7” sensor should be shot at more than that, due to the extreme noise and low detail at anything higher. As far as the RX100 goes, it has way too many MP’s IMO and I'm not interest in it anyway due to cost and MANY other reasons.

Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Pentax Optio P70 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow