Trying Out SX50 (When Weather Cooperates)...

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
James Cafferty
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,306
Like?
Re: Trying Out SX50 (When Weather Cooperates)...
In reply to Susan Taylor, Nov 7, 2012

Susan Taylor wrote:

Just got a SX50 late yesterday ($424 from Amazon) and was all set to try it out today but the weather in middle TN has been damp, dreary, and just yucky. Did get a quick shot of the neighbor's cat on our back porch. (She's a sweet welcome visitor since our indoor kitty died two years ago.) Also got a zoom of the leaves on a tree in a backyard two doors down from our home. I'll try to post one of those here if I can figure out how to do it. I'm a novice at posting photos like this and don't even know how to post the technical stuff (although these were done on the automatic setting). I'm hoping I can try out the camera more tomorrow but the big question is whether I prefer it over my Panasonic FZ150. I'll see....

Neighbor's cat visiting our back porch

Close-up at full zoom of leaves on tree in next photo.

Leaves were on tree in photo behind blue slide.

Nice shot of the cat. But, the SX50 can do better on shots like those leaves. Maybe there was some camera shake or the camera hadn't focused yet. Either way, Good Luck! with your new camera.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Jim
Photographers take pictures; the camera is only a tool.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow