Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
aroundtokyo
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions for a winter visit to Japan
In reply to wiwi, Nov 7, 2012

wiwi wrote:

Hi all!

I'll be visiting Japan for a couple of weeks at the end of January/ early February and was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions and/or tips for a winter trip.

I'll be visiting the Sapporo Snow Festival (something I've wanted to do for 20 years!) but the majority of my time will be spent in the south - Kyoto, Tokyo, Nagano (snow monkeys), Miyajima.

So if you have any tips for great photography locations, or things to watch out for, I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

The world is too big for one lifetime, and one lens.
Check out where I am on www.whereswiwi.com

If you come to Tokyo a couple of good places might be Nikko which has the mausoleum to the Shogun Ieyau Tokugawa.  Not as much snow as Hokkaido, but it looks pretty good!

You might also want to go to Hakone, a short train trip away from Tokyo.  Up in the mountains, Lake Ashi is there and from one shore Mt. Fuji is at the other end.  It look absolutely amazing and what trip to Japan would be without a few Fuji shoot?

I hope you really enjoy your trip!

-- hide signature --

I live in Tokyo, one of the greatest cities in the world

aroundtokyo's gear list:aroundtokyo's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow