Bunch of M4/3 Oly Primes, time to ditch the 12-50mm?

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
notenoughmegapixels
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Bunch of M4/3 Oly Primes, time to ditch the 12-50mm?
Nov 7, 2012

Hi people,

Recently purchased the Om-D and a few primes after selling off my canon gear.The Om-D came with the 12-50mm lens, and I went ahead and purchased the Oly 12mm f2.0, Oly 45mm 1.8 and the 75mm f1.8.

I'm off to South America soon, and I really do not want to be pulling out my camera to swap lenses every so often, especially around certain parts of Rio I'm visiting. Although the above lenses have been pretty spectacular, I'll be taking portraits, landscapes, wanting to zoom etc all most likely within the same hour. So I would need a lens which could do most things well.

I was thinking of selling off the 12-50mm and grabbing the 14-150mm or going a step further and purchasing the Panasonic 35mm-100mm f 2.8. I think purchasing the 45mm-100mm would somewhat conflict with my 45mm and 75mm.

Few questions. In my particular case, what full range zoom lens would you recommend if one at all?

The Oly 14-150mm has been out for quite some time, I couldn't find any news on a possible revision or new full range lens coming out soon.

Olympus Australia currently have a promo on where you get 20% off all CSC lenses. After calculating how much I would have to pay from my own pocket for the 14-150mm it ended up being only $220AUD, from selling off my 12-50mm and using the 20% cashback.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow