Sorry olympus but you lost a loyal customer.

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
QuarterToDoom
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
Re:I agree..
In reply to Doctor Lecter, Nov 7, 2012

Doctor Lecter wrote:

...up to a point. The D5100 probably delivers better IQ. But the E-1 can, and does, hold its own against a lot of newer cameras. I'm getting sweet results processing my E-1 files in Lightroom 4. I bet no one would ever know that the output is from a decade-old camera.

A big problem with our consumer-culture is that we always have to have something new. OMG, a camera with 14 MP just came out... no, wait, now I've got to have the one with 16 MP... maybe if I go Full-Frame with 24 MP I'll get some great shot... gimme, gimme, gimme.

I like the concept of buying something and using it for a long time.

-- hide signature --

Dr. Lecter

Same here and that's why I used my E-1 for 8 years. I do have an EPL-1 and does output fine image quality but what's the point of having more mp when I only show my stuff on the screen.

Also I do photography to relax and release stress, so its pointless to use a camera where I have to think and tinker with the screen in order to change basic settings. There's no substitute for the E-1 ergonomics.

Now I'm at a point where I want to print my images so I'm going with an E-5 this weekend.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow