Have anyone used a Sigma lens with the a99 ?

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Questions thread
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Re: Have anyone used a Sigma lens with the a99 ?
In reply to J Birn, Nov 7, 2012

J Birn wrote:

I'm interested in getting some prime lenses for my a99. Sigma has a 50mm with HSM for only a little more than Sony's 50mm f/1.4 without a motor, and an 85mm f/1.4 HSM for a lot less than the CZ one. But, in the past, some of their lenses have not worked well with AF on new Sony SLTs.

Has anyone actually used any Sigma lenses with the a99? Did they work right off the bat?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

I have the 50mm 1.4 and I loved it on the a77, and love it more on the a99. I could have gotten the Sony's or even Minolta's used for same or less, but I went with the Sigma because their EX line are top performers. The motor is so silent you wouldn't know it's focusing unless you were in a large empty room. It's very very sharp and if you've ever held it you'll know it's a large lens, very heavy for it's class no doubt from the glass size, and good build.

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow