America has been fundamentally transformed

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,328Gear list
Like?
Re: America is becoming like Finland meets Greece.
In reply to smallcams, Nov 7, 2012

That is why we in northern Europe probably are so poor, so unimaginative and live in such a depressing state I think...

"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/world-happiness-report-2012_n_1408787.html"

Yes, the Scandinavian countries are the happiest in the world! Denmark, Norway, Finland and The Netherlands. My country! Finland and The Netherlands are strictly not Scandinavia but we are all very close to eachother anyway you look at it (Finnish and FIns are quite different though, I can't understand a spoken or written word there)..But that is not the point.

"While basic living standards are essential for happiness, after the baseline has been met happiness varies more with the quality of human relationship than with income," the report read. "Policy goals should include high employment and high-quality work; a strong community with high levels of trust and respect, which government can influence through inclusive participatory policies; improved physical and mental health; support of family life; and a decent education for all."

Based on its "life evaluation score," which is rated on a scale of 0-to-10, the report found that Denmark, Norway, Finland and the Netherlands outstripped all other nations with an average score of 7.6 between them.

BTW: we also rank in the top as being the least religious....

America is not doing so bad. It is 11th. But it is all about being a winner. Being as good as it gets. We are doing much better!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow