Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
CelticOdyssey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,261
Like?
Re: More Venice (part 1- 10 images)
In reply to doto41, Nov 7, 2012

doto41 wrote:

CelticOdyssey wrote:

A few more from 18 days in Italy, Turkey and Spain. Thanks for looking- C&C always welcome. And I'm not thin-skinned; I'm here to learn.

A nice set of shots, but these two, are special, and show your unique take and look. Some of the others are more 'conventional' which is perfectly o.k., we all want some of those when on vacation, especially in such a beautiful place.

thanks for sharing, and I'll go look up the previous thread.

One reply like this means more to me than all the 'atta boy' and 'great capture' responses combined. Thank You!

You're correct- my photos on this trip mostly look like conventional vacation photos. For the most part, I haven't been happy with these images and even mentioned it in an earlier thread (After a Long Hiatus- Pisa and Venice). Now I understand why. I do want my own 'unique take and look' as you describe it. I need to think about these things and how to continue to develop my own style, much as you have. I could recognize your excellent work without seeing your name, and the same is true for many other really outstanding photographers here. Maybe a door is opening; at the very least I see what I wish to achieve.

Thanks again,

Richard

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow