Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glen K Wells
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Re: A review - My first week with X-E1
In reply to Bassy, Nov 7, 2012

Hi Bassy,

I feel your pain in the wallet!

I sold my NEX-7 on Ebay and did take a hit I got £650 including kit lens paid £1150 I was fortunate to get it before Xmas last year but still more of a loss than expected. I got £375 for the Tamron 18-200mm zoom - paid £499 in Feb this year so not too bad.  Finally I got £75 for the Sony 16mm.

All in quite a hit but oh well its all gone and the new gear is paid for.

Very glad I did move over to the Fuji though as I am really pleased to have gone for the X-E1 - no doubt that will be cheaper in 6 months like the PRO1 - its just the way of progress.

I guess its a lesson in patience, I unfortunately have none of that! If you are/can wait 6 months for a camera it is possible to get a nearly new one with some warranty for about 60% of the original asking price from Ebay or other sites.

Fuji X100 case in point it was £1000 and rare as rocking horse pooh but now brand new for 2/3rds that price and less second hand.

Dam it wish I had some patience, my bank account would be healthier! The next time a must have camera comes out I will definately wait 6 months - argh who am I kidding I know I won't!!

Regards

Glen

Glen K Wells's gear list:Glen K Wells's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D610 Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow