D800 Left AF Nikon USA Any Happy Endings?

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
cuol
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 Left AF Nikon USA Any Happy Endings?
In reply to ahmadelnemr, Nov 7, 2012

ahmadelnemr wrote:

I purchased my D800 from Amazon 40+ Days ago and since I can't return it I have to send it back to NIkon. I sent them picture samples and they asked for the camera to be sent for evaluation and repair.

I wonder if anyone have had any success story in that issue with Nikon USA repair centers?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Ahmad.

Yes, I had a happy ending.....after I sold it on ebay. No more worrying and testing for me. Sold a D800E which was "fixed" at Melville, and bought a D600. IMHO there is a design flaw in the D800 AF system which it appears will never be officially revealed. It will be interesting to see if the left AF comments are still prevalent a year from now. I never should have taken the chance purchasing the D800E with all the horror stories out there. My D4 and D600 are rock solid and the D800E left me guessing.

cuol's gear list:cuol's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow