SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: The last think you want to do is use a brush
In reply to Greg Gebhardt, Nov 7, 2012

Greg Gebhardt wrote:

on a "newer" Nikon DSLR. Untill you have wet cleaned it several time the brush will pick up oil from the sensor, the sensor holder and the sensor chamber and spread it all over your sensor AND brush. It makes a big mess.

-- hide signature --

Greg Gebhardt in
Jacksonville, Florida

Greg, I understand that but it depends on how the brush is made, if you have oil on the sensor, and if you go to the edge or touch outside sensor area. I was not suggesting that this is the only option for all but it is what copper hill images suggests. If you do happen to miss that you have oil on the sensor before cleaning it, you can wash the brush and also do a wet clean. Most people are only going to have dust. Keep in mind that you can also just touch it on spots after it is charged with a blower and may be able to just pick up the dust specs. The recommended order is blower, brush and wet clean per the video.  I would have the swabs on hand should you discover oil. This us why a sensor light is very important.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow