dpreview AdminPosts: 4,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Alternatives to this forum?
In reply to Jonas B, Nov 7, 2012

Jonas B wrote:

Simon Joinson wrote:

(...)

I deleted a lot of threads this morning because they broke rule number 2:

Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.

(I'm sorry for posting in a way making it look like you wrote this Simon but it's your new editing functions not allowing me to do it as it was used to be done, in fresh black.)

I read the rules when I signed up and I have now re-read them. One question: How come we aren't informed that when posting an image it will be re-sized and badly rendered? Why aren't we informed that you'll keep the image effectively violating our copyright to our images?

I'm posting this here as it may be a way to get your attention.

regards,

Jonas

1. We resize images for display but also offer a way to view the original. We always did this.

2. We know there's problems with the way we deal with images and are working on a better solution (it's a priority)

3. We will allow you to delete uploaded images when the code is finished. You can always ask for a manual deletion until then. Note that none of this violates your copyright.

Simon

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow