aodi
Contributing MemberPosts: 719
Like?
Re: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
In reply to Lee Jay, Nov 7, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

VisionLight wrote:

Falconflight wrote:

I have a question. is it normal with this EVF that it's impossible to get everything in focus? I didn't have this problem with other superzooms like panasonic fz100, sony hx100v or fuji hs20. Thanks

Just checking to see if you have set the diopter adjustment wheel properly. Case in point. With my SX40 I have had no trouble using the EVF and thus did so about 95% of the time. The 5% was usually for long zoom tripod shots for which I use the LCD. When I gave the camera to my wife, she complained that the viewfinder was a little fuzzy and couldn't see "focus". After adjusting the wheel with slight changes each time, we got it to a point where she is now happy. Making sure the numbers and letters and focusing box lines are sharp using the wheel also helps the overall acuity of the focused image in the EVF.

By the way, I'm also happy with the EVF on my new SX50. Yes, it could be better, but it does the job just like the SX40.

Vision

For me, with my glasses on, I can't select a diopter position where the center and edges are in focus at the same time.

Same with me, but w/o glasses

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

-- hide signature --

Anatoli

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow