Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 17,995
Like?
Watching the CNN Election coverage...
Nov 7, 2012

was very different than watching our own Canadian Federal Election coverage...in that so much analysis & emphasis was put into the different "ethnic" groups.

It was really quite strange, for me and my wife to constantly hear the CNN team mentioning "whites" "hispanics" "Blacks" etc, plus all the references to religious groups too.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think here in Canada it's actually illegal to create analysis/stats and differentiate along these lines...based upon ethnicity, colour, race, religion, and all the rest of it.

In this country, it's against the law to categorize and define people along ethnic lines...especially, in a public, federal manner like this.

I do know, that NO election process or even GOVT form is allowed to even ask any questions related to ones ethnicity, colour, racial background and religious affiliation.

To us, it seems very weird, and also showed why America today, still has so much obsession with race & colour....because YOU folks openly use it as a 'defining qualifier' in your every day lives.

Here in Canada (altho we are a HUGE multi-cultural society)... we just don't do that.

KEV

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow