rosiesphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
Re: Pro DX is Dead
In reply to mistermejia, Nov 7, 2012

mistermejia wrote:

n057 wrote:

rosiesphoto wrote:

Fellow Nikonians have you not yet gotten the message, there shall be no more Pro DX.

We have been waiting 3 three years since the announcement of the D300S, Nikon Corp. has deserted us.

In my opinion they realized that the D300S was a mistake. Top of the line too soon.

They went back to an entry level and started expanding from that point.

Nikon message: If you want a Pro camera buy FX.

This is not intended to offend anyone, just disgusted and blowing off steam waiting for a D300/300s replacement. D5200 won't do.

The fat lady has not sung yet

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

I agree. The "fat lady" meaning Nikon, has not said that there won't be any more PRO DX bodies. If Nikon does not inform this to the public it will clearly show how UNPROFESSIONAL they have become.

From what i am seeing Nikon is just experimenting at this point in time, they want to see if the PRO DX user will indeed just jump to FX. For sure this is not happening from what i can tell. I know i'm not jumping to FX with those extreme high prices for bodies AND lenses. Either Nikon is waiting to see what happens with FX or they are just TAKING THEIR TIME and soon will bring out a new D400.

The D600 just came out barely, it wouldn't make much sence "for Nikon" to bring out the D400 at the same time! It looks like they are trying to get as much profit with the FX line first. The economy has changed and the way companies do business is just not the same anymore, they are a lot more careful now.

IF PRO DX is dead, Nikon SHOULD say it is!

By the way, do the folks that want a PRO DX really bad, do you guys post any complaints or your requirements to Nikon's site or simply email them telling them your concerns? Wouldn't that get their attention a lot more than posting in these threads??

If you read bythom or lensrentals findings you will know the D600 has a dust problem. There is now a petition started ongoing to send the complaint to Nikon.

My point being that Nikon does readily acknowledge problems with their cameras. So why would Nikon tell us or their competitors of their developmental strategy.

I feel that I have more of a comradeship with my fellow Nikonians than with Nikon Corp.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow