Finally got my A57 with 18-55 and 1.8 50mm

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrCool77
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Re: Finally got my A57 with 18-55 and 1.8 50mm (more pics added)
In reply to Steve FStop, Nov 7, 2012

Steve FStop wrote:

MrCool77 wrote:

MrCool77 wrote:

Steve FStop wrote:

Hi Ash

Good to see you outside testing out new cam.

Why not try a few close-ups in the 'A' (Aperture Priority) setting, with your 50mm lens set closer to f/1.8 rather than f/6.3 and see what effect that change makes on you shots?

Have fun

Cheers Steve

Thank Steve.

i will try a bigger aperture and share some new ones.

Ash

Hi Steve,

More snaps with bigger aperture f2 and 1.8.

I guess this one has better bokeh

Ash, these two shots of yours are really good examples of very desirable creamy bokeh and the effect on Depth of Field (DOF), when using wide aperture settings.

You have chosen well, as this lens represents really great value for money.

Your second shot shows how you can use this lens to better isolate and emphasise your subject - the flower in this case. This effect will be enhanced if it is possible to position your shot to exclude as much of the nearby background as possible.

As this lens has a low minimum focus distance, you can get in very close and use it to emphasize just a small part of the flower (like the stamen). By choosing a wide setting it will produce a very shallow DOF and help to better isolate just that aspect of the flower.

I suspect that you will also be pleasantly surprised when you use this lens for portraits too. As this lens is equivalent to 50mm on your a57, try and get up nice and close.

You still have a few more steps/stops available for you to try between f/1.8 and the f/6.3 setting that you used on your first set from this lens?

Happy Shooting

Steve

Thanks for the really nice feedback Steve. Will keep adding more pics when I try out with more combinations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow