Next lens purchase....35mm 1.8g?

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Questions thread
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: Next lens purchase....35mm 1.8g?
In reply to slimandy, Nov 7, 2012

slimandy wrote:

The question though is that still close to my 50mm 1.8g? I think I'm more in the market for a wider lens as opposed to a telephoto lens. With that being said, would it make sense for me to go for a tonikina 11-16 or stick with the Nikon 28mm? I like having the nikon lenses because I know that they are high quality...
Any advice?

That's what I mean about the UWA lenses generally being DX lenses. The Tokina you mentioned is a DX lens, not FX. I use a Nikon 17~35mm f2.8 and would highly recommend it if you could find a good used copy. It might still stretch your budget. I have not used the 28 and it seems to get mixed reviews. I used a 28mm f2.8 in my film days due to budget constraints but always wished I had gone wider until I bought the 17~35.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

It looks like I could get the 17-35 for around $1100 but I have not bought any used photography equipment yet since I would not know what to look for in terms of wear and tear.

I had called my local camera store and the guy told me that the tokina is really popular and cheap for my D600.  Maybe he misunderstood me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow