SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor
In reply to daniele84, Nov 7, 2012

daniele84 wrote:

For all owners of Nikon D600 please sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nikon-nikon-d600-dust-on-sensor

This petition will be delivered to Nikon

Thanks!

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL......if you have been following my posts on this issue, you know I had one stubborn spot that would show up on my d600 even at F5. But this was only on a very light background and no big deal. I ordered the copper hill images kit for my DX bodies and FX since my d7000 also has dust or oil. I started by cleaning my d70 yesterday with the quikstrips and eclipse. Got that clean to my satisfaction. Now I also  ordered   the sensor brush by copper hill images. It is only $27 and has glowing reviews. Since I was going to wait to use the brush on the d600, I decided to have another go with using my visible dust sensor loupe and rocket blower. I put the camera in mirror up mode, used the light to locate the dirt and blew the hell out of each spot both closely and far away and finally got rid of all of them.....so no more spot. Checked it with a sky shot and yes at f16 i still have one tiny spot but nothing below f16. Very happy. I still plan to use the brush first next time if no sign of oil and will use the wet clean if need be but I think with a proper light and a lot of squeezing of the rocket blower, you can get most of it off. I am not saying you will never have to wet clean but a lot of blowing and a good brush should take care of most issues. Btw, I am at 1000+ shutter counts and could not be happier with this camera. Just some hope.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow