Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,000Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh patent for a zoom lens
In reply to worldcup1982, Nov 7, 2012

worldcup1982 wrote:

SLLDPR wrote:

http://photorumors.com/2012/11/02/ricohs-patent-for-a-5-3-22mm-f2-3-5-lens-for-11-7-sensor/

Photo Rumors reports a Ricoh patent for a zoom lens, which I'd guess is for the GR-D V and, perhaps, for a GXR module.

IMO, its a bit late to the game...the RX100 raised the bar for comapct cameras. I know ricoh cameras are far better regarding UI, but still a sensor is important too. The RX100 makes even the new nikon a bit strange. A bigger camera with (for now) not many lenses advantage over the sony. A GX or a GXR module with 24-72mm lens f2.0-2.8 eq and the RX100 sensor would sell a lot IMO...it would still be in the same size as the nikons but with better optics and nuch better UI...

The RX100 is a wonderful camera, it does not have the UI of the Ricoh but it is not bad at all. and yes, they raised the bar. I still love my GRD's and will not sell them, but the Sony travel with me most of the time now.

Joel Stern's gear list:Joel Stern's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow