Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,206Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh patent for a zoom lens
In reply to worldcup1982, Nov 7, 2012

worldcup1982 wrote:

SLLDPR wrote:

http://photorumors.com/2012/11/02/ricohs-patent-for-a-5-3-22mm-f2-3-5-lens-for-11-7-sensor/

Photo Rumors reports a Ricoh patent for a zoom lens, which I'd guess is for the GR-D V and, perhaps, for a GXR module.

IMO, its a bit late to the game...the RX100 raised the bar for comapct cameras. I know ricoh cameras are far better regarding UI, but still a sensor is important too. The RX100 makes even the new nikon a bit strange. A bigger camera with (for now) not many lenses advantage over the sony. A GX or a GXR module with 24-72mm lens f2.0-2.8 eq and the RX100 sensor would sell a lot IMO...it would still be in the same size as the nikons but with better optics and nuch better UI...

The RX100 is a wonderful camera, it does not have the UI of the Ricoh but it is not bad at all. and yes, they raised the bar. I still love my GRD's and will not sell them, but the Sony travel with me most of the time now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow