Canon Powershot SX260HS or Canon Powershot S100?

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,261Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon Powershot SX260HS or Canon Powershot S100?
In reply to peter42y, Nov 7, 2012

Well, I've read many of their "reviews", and sometimes, the cr@p they tell is so obvious that it's not even funny. Here are some examples, and there are tons of them.

Reviewing the Sony RX-100...
The RX100 gets a noise score of +- 19.5, and the Nex F3 gets a very poor +-6 score, while it uses a much larger sensor.

Here is a REAL comparison, at 3200 ISO:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/studio-compare#baseDir=%2Freviews_data&cameraDataSubdir=boxshot&indexFileName=boxshotindex.xml&presetsFileName=boxshotpresets.xml&showDescriptions=false&headerTitle=Studio%20scene&headerSubTitle=Standard%20studio%20scene%20comparison&masterCamera=sony_dscrx100&masterSample=dsc00492&slotsCount=4&slot0Camera=sony_dscrx100&slot0Sample=dsc00492&slot0DisableCameraSelection=true&slot0DisableSampleSelection=true&slot0LinkWithMaster=true&slot1Camera=sony_nexf3&slot1Sample=dsc00756&x=-0.2648506687839736&y=0.21793928075369834

Hmm, so according to them, the S100 is much closer to the RX100 regarding noise than the Nex- F3! Hum, maybe on another planet, right.

Or here, reviewing a Samsung NX100:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Samsung-Nx100-Digital-Camera-Review/Noise-Reduction.htm

According to their charts, the NX100 has much less noise than the T2i. Well, I have the T3i (same image quality) and the NX100, and there is simply no comparison: the Canon is much cleaner!

Another one:

Panasonic LX-5 review.

"http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LX5-Digital-Camera-Review/Color.htm

One of the highlight of the camera according to them "Great color results" and "Strong low light noise scores"...well, I had this camera and parted with it because of...guess what? Terrible colours and butt ugly noise! The S100 replaced it and I'm much happier.

Oh, funny thing, the S100 gets a " Color accuracy lower than expected"...

Also, they seem very biased toward some brands. I wanted to compare two (or more) cameras, and I noticed that some manufacturers cameras had their samples resized (in file size), which made their images look way worse than what they actually looked like. But I did not notice until I downloaded the files, and saw that some were about 3.0MB in size, and the others 300ko.

No, really, I all good faith, I won't thrust a single word from this website. Their layout make it look serious but when you have some insight, you realize they are spreading complete utter nonsense.

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow