Microphones for NEX-6 hotshoe

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cheepnis
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
Re: Microphones for NEX-6 hotshoe
In reply to losangeles, Nov 7, 2012

losangeles wrote:

What do you use for combining audio and video? Do you have a Mac by any chance?

I use PS Elements and Vegas Movie Studio 11 (on Win7 platform). I just extract and export the "original" audio track from the video, then sync it with the external audio track using a multitrack audio editor (Audacity or Cubase in my case). It's quite easy actually: first I position both waveforms roughly  and then "fine tune" by nudging until they are exactly in sync with each other. Then I trim the external track to same length than the original clip and, after necessary enhancements (eq, amplify etc.), I import the new audio track back to the video project.

I should mention that I rarely bother to record external audio for everyday video clips - I use it mainly for the occasions I record a live gig or something similar. Might be a bit tedious to process, say, hundreds of clips this way.

However, there are more sophisticated, automatic solutions commercially available for both Win and OSX. I remember reading (on this forum?) about such a plugin for Final Cut Pro, can't remember the name though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow