Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
elfroggio
elfroggio MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,695
Like?
Re: Finally get to use my new Sigma 120-400 lens
In reply to happysnapper64, Nov 7, 2012

happysnapper64 wrote:

Mike. I am looking for a tripod & head for the 7D + 120-400 combo. Am going with Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 legs but not sure which ball head would be suitable. Do you use a tripod? if so which head? Hope you can help.

Usually I use my 120-400 with a Velbon monopod and Manfrotto monopod head. Just last week, I bought a new head (what's inside mine is going grey and drying up).

It's a Feisol 40d. Small, fairly light and extremely strong. I got a good deal and only paid: $115 and it supports 33lbs/15kg very well.

Fantastic but... the ergonomics are not great, it took me a while to get use to set the friction properly (the dial is too small) and the pano lock is too big.

But once the friction is properly set, it's very quick to setup and extremely strong. My setup is much more difficult to use and to properly hold because I have the large pano head. It holds great. Highly recommended, there is nothing that holds better in this price class.

The Giotto MH 1302-655 is not bad either. Good price, pretty good but much heavier.

-- hide signature --

Thanks
http://www.foto-biz.com
The Business of Being a Photographer -- Lightroom Q&A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow