What wide-angle lens and is this a good price?

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdventureRob
Regular MemberPosts: 260Gear list
Like?
What wide-angle lens and is this a good price?
Nov 7, 2012

I've been thinking of what lens to get next and would like something wider than what I currently have. I own a OMD and the Panasonic-Leica 25mm f1.4. I want it for landscapes and a bit or urban shooting.

I've sort of narrowed it down to 3 choices now.

1. The Oly 12mm f2.0 - This has been in my sight for the longest time now, I appreciate it's sharpness, rendition, build quality and size.

2. The Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8 - A want since it came out, but I've not been overly impressed when handling it in the shops in all honesty, maybe I'm missing something though. Obviously has a decent zoom range as well as the 12mm start.

3. The Panasonic 7-14mm f4.0 - This is the most recent I've been interested in. It's a bit slower than the others, but goes a fair amount wider. I liked how it handled on the camera.

Anyone else have a better suggestion? From what I've seen on here people seem to rate the 7-14mm higher than the Oly 9-18mm which is why it's not on the list. I'm also not a fan of fisheyes, so the Pana 7mm and Samyang 8mm are of no interest to me.

As for prices, I found (second hand) the 12-35mm at 75,800Yen (US$945 / GB£589) and the 7-14mm at 65,800Yen (US$820 / GB£511). The 7-14mm seemed good to me at that price although I've not checked the condition nor much online today to see if that's a fair price for it or not.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow