ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
McGowanP
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
DSLR for £300-£400 - Sony A37?
Nov 7, 2012

Hey all,

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally returning to the world of DSLR photography; my last camera being the Konica Minolta 5D (should give you some idea of timescale!).

So, I'm assuming there's been many technological advances vs price etc etc etc and from my 2 days of reading, I've come to the assumption that the Sony A37 is todays `Konica Minolta 5D`?

Comparison cameras appear to be only the Nikon D3100 (3200 out of budget) and the Canon 1100D, whilst the Nikon has had good reviews, it's lack of direct access to things like ISO settings and no tiltable screen put me off, and the 1100D... well... its the 1100D...

So bang for buck, IQ and features, is the A37 the best camera in its class (it looks to be), I'll be interested in portrait, landscape and macro photography (i need to be able to achieve that shallow depth of field, so think this pushes out `bridge` cameras, unless they've advanced?).

Off to the shop in about an hour to purchase one, unless there are some better ideas?

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow