Tamron PZD 18-270 issue using Vibration Compensation

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
fred234
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: I also have had issues with Tamron's VC but different lens
In reply to Guidenet, Nov 7, 2012

Guidenet wrote:

My images just weren't razor sharp a lot of the time. I expanded them in Photoshop until I almost saw pixelation and I'd see double images along lines of high contrast. The second image was almost translucent to the point it looked like another layer set to 30% opacity or maybe a little less. It was enough to make the images slightly soft some of the time. The second image almost touched the first so it was initially hard to tell.

Yes, it's exactly the issue I have.I think there is a problem of synchronization between the body and the lens.

I sent the lens to Tamron, they say that "according to their tests the lens is perfect". I talked with the Tamron technician. He told me "Who says that the issue does not come from this camera body?", which is actually possible, despite it happens on the 2 D7000 that I could test, so it seems to be more a design issue.

I tested it on the D600 of a friend, and it works fine.

fred234's gear list:fred234's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow