I know where Pro-Life people will stand, what do Pro-Choice people think of the following

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,790
Like?
Re: Having read ... what?
In reply to Ed Rizk, Nov 7, 2012

Ed Rizk wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Ed Rizk wrote:

Sante Patate wrote:

Ed Rizk wrote:

I hope so, Roger. My problem is that here we have liberal bureaucrats (don't even suggest that they might not be liberal) moving to take a new government power to mandate abortion.

If you have indeed read the other posts, you would be aware that this is a lie. There is no "new power". The law on this point has not changed for decades.

There may not have been a change in the law, but liberal bureaucrats are finding new applications for it that were never imagined at the time the law was passed.

I am elated to hear that some liberals oppose this, though. It really restores some of my faith in the electorate.

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

It's not a mandate for abortion. It is a mandate for the retention of choice. So much for democracy eh?

A choice to be made by who? Government wants to make the choice in this case, and many more than you would think.

By the parents or legal guardians.  In this case a government dept. appointed the guardians and would have had an ongoing relationship with the arrangement so the relevant department still could be argued to have a certain amount of responsibility in matters.  When it comes down to it, like I said elsewhere it is a sticky one.

But again the "Liberal" stance is for the right of the woman to *choose*.  The point here is that the woman may not be capable of doing that reasonably.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow