SX50 Framing Assist Lock test...

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rich Calsada
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmation
In reply to Augustin Man, Nov 7, 2012

Augustin Man wrote:

I didn't find a suitable trash can , so I tried the Framing Assist - Lock to a building crane. The general view (crane is between the second and the third apartment buildings from right):

That is the WITHOUT FA-L:

And that is WITH FA-L activated:

The difference is obvious in the favour of the former one. Yes, one can always say that being a hand held camera, you can't be sure, but I took several shots and choose the best from every set. Like in the OP example, it's a general blur on the details...

Thank you for watching!

Augustin

Wow, and I thought my initial test showed the opposite, and have used focus lock since on just about all long telephoto shots most with 2x TC with what I thought were favorable results, from these tests looks like I might be doing better without it. When your shots were taken you definitely had the focus lock showing in your viewfinder?

25mm wide

just short of full zoom with 2x TC 2318mm

I'm guessing without lock image could have been sharper, but have thought results I've been getting were pretty good. Well its  back to the drawing board.

Rich Calsada's gear list:Rich Calsada's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Kodak EasyShare Z990 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow