Started Nov 7, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ernieF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,591Gear list
Like?
OM-D file sizes using LSF jpg with Digital TC on
Nov 7, 2012

I mainly shoot jpgs at max quality of LSF.  At this compression setting, file sizes are in the 9-9.5 MB range.  When I switch the Digital TC on file sizes are still in the 8-8.5 range.  I checked this by down loading files, with and without DTC on, to my photo editor PSP X5.

Franly, I was amazed at the file sizes w/ the DTC activated.  Shouldn't it be about 1/2 of the normal file size.  I'm just a bit puzzled here.  But if this is correct, the DTC is a very powerful tool, e.g for the 12-35 f2.8 that I've been using-- and suddenly the 35-100 f2.8 becomes a 70-200 f2.8 (140-400 in FX).

This almost seems like getting "free" telephotos, AND with very good file size.  Am I missing something here or is this actually the case?

Cheers.  Ernie

ernieF's gear list:ernieF's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
ANSWER:
Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow