Question: why people buy high end cameras for snapshots?

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
MaritF
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: Question: why people buy high end cameras for snapshots?
In reply to oklaphotog, Nov 7, 2012

My reason: got an A55 at first just because the 10fps... have fast moving dogs to shoot
(and the camera I had before that one was an old Nikon D100). My A55 did "die" for me several times, so after being sendt back and forth for repair (3 times)... and got it back, the camera still not working properly, I got the "purchase money" back, and could just pick any camera I wanted in the store... so I added a little money and got the A77. And I was coming from the Auto mode, found this forum... learned a LOT, have read a lot, and Nordstjernen also did send me a book So that made me to WANT to learn, and have done so - and everybody have to start at some point, right?
And just as a side note: I have been showing dogs for several years, and done very well (with the best dog for years, when active though) -  but, many, many years ago I was a newbie at that scene too, and now when I see someone that needs help I try to do my best helping them out a bit... and I think we all should give a helping hand out the new ones, (no matter what we do) with some tip here and there... it will serve you well in the long run

MaritF's gear list:MaritF's gear list
Nikon D100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow