Bridges

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
David J Barber
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: Go for it! - Here they are...
In reply to Bob Tullis, Nov 7, 2012

Thanks for the invite.

Dandong is the large port town in the North East of China and these bridges were the link between N. Korea and China. During the Korean war, they were damaged and rebuilt many times, but the old road bridge was never repaired after the war and the Chinese givernment keep it on view to remind people of the damage done by the capitalist Americans. There are subtle undertones of keeping the sentiment alive of the brave stuggle where tens of thousands of cannon fodder conscripts 'freedom fighters' died to fight the imperialist western powers.

It is actually a beautiful area and the great wall there is better, in my opinion, then at Beijing. Just never, ever, ever come to China during their spring or autumn festivals: The whole country holidays the same two weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Korean_Friendship_Bridge

Almost got arrested taking this shot - Army/Police dock!

Chariman Mao stairs across the bridge with his troops - celebrating defeat.

The walk along the old bridge.

They allow people to walk under the bridge...

David.

ps. I have some more of the train crossing, and workers on the rail bridge - but this is enough I hink!

-- hide signature --

Wiki article

David J Barber's gear list:David J Barber's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow