Best lens for Northern Lights?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 10,756Gear list
Like?
Re: Best lens for Northern Lights?
In reply to yodermk, Nov 6, 2012

yodermk wrote:

Personally, speaking I wouldn't but, then, I've never been to Thompson :o Good to hear the CNSC is still going strong OOC, who is instructing the workshop? The real sad part of my stay in Churchill was that it was before I was involved in photography and my camera was a Kodak 110 instamatic :o
Cheers, have fun, good shooting, stay warm and safe

Looks like it is Roger Woloshyn.

http://www.churchillscience.ca/index.php?page=va_cnsc

Yeah I'm sure I will learn the true meaning of cold! Looking forward to it.

Hi Y_M,

I know the name, Roger Woloshyn, and, in fact, I might have gone to school with a cousin/sister (Shirley, if memory serves .. at Selkirk High School ... a long time ago ).

But, I digress; yep, prepare yourself for very cold and, sometimes, extremely windy nights .... not to mention the days :o.

Thanks for the link, I checked it out and the fellow doing the birding -- Rudolf Koes -- was there when I was there.   Whilst in Churchill, there are (were?) some interesting places/stores:

The S & Mstore:   not as interesting of a store, as the name might indicate, but, if still there, very cool employees and customers .... although, not necessarily you.

The Bargin Centre:  It was supposed to be Bargain Centre but, either someone couldn't spell properly, didn't care or was just havin' a laugh ......... regardless, a cool name ;).

Well, that's enough my "not photo related" cr@p

Cheers and, as above, have fun, good shooting, stay warm and safe

Jack Simpson

-- hide signature --

If it's a *Single* Lens Reflex, why do I need so many lenses

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Pentax Q7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow