ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juggler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,270Gear list
Like?
FZ200 at low light dance competition...
Nov 6, 2012

Hi,

Last Friday, there was a dancing competition and i was there with two bodies (5D mk II) and lenses 85mm f/1.2, 135mm f/2 and 70-200mm f/2.8 along with panasonic FZ200.. I had no intention to use FZ200 but when I lent my cameras to my assistant, i decided to try..

The results was pretty surprising because 5.5fps with AF worked like a charm. I usually tried the zoom and high iso (iso 800-1600). The AF was very quick, camera was very responsive. I had very low expectations, but it surprised me. At home, I printed one of the photo shot at ISO 1000 without any post process at A4, and it looks very good and detailed even when inspecting from a closer distance (like 10 cm - 4 inches)

DOF was shallower than I expected, so you'll see some examples with couples one in focus while the other one is not.

There are some photos below, please don't pay attention to the composition, as they were shot solely for testing purposes.. Photos are jpeg OOC, not post processed just resized to 1000x750px.

This is the photo I printed..

-- hide signature --

'Juggling is a metaphor for life.. Each ball represents one of life's concerns and the goal is to give each the appropriate amount of individual attention while simultaneously watching and guiding all the others. Life is about balance and staying quick and alert as everything threatens to spin out of control' from Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Juggler's gear list:Juggler's gear list
Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark II +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow