D800 - Any happy users out there? Locked

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JDFlood
New MemberPosts: 5
yes, Yes... YES!
In reply to trino, Nov 6, 2012

YES! Absolutely love mine. I have had it for three months or so. At first I was held back a little by folks critisizms (I have a D700 as well) thinking if I kept the same technique my photos would be worse than my D700. Not a chance! I tried swapping back and forth, but the more I use it the more I am astonished how it bests the D700. It is a spectacular camera, I wouldn't worry that much about the critisizims. If a couple pixels are out of focus when pixel peeping (it's got many), I find the photographs are overall much sharper and the more I use it the better they get. I have been shooting about 500 frames a week, and they just seem to get better and better. Any my god, you can pull so MANY fstops out of the shadows it is unbelievable. All my life (I'm 60) I have been wanting to be able to do this (landscapes): cloudy sky and dark forest, with all exposed properly so you can communicate what being there was like. Maybe, I'll get aD800E also, so I have something of the right caliber to swap back and forth with. JD

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow