mblg
Regular MemberPosts: 392
Like?
Re: Very serious question about trolls
In reply to 4x5 Guy, Nov 6, 2012

4x5 Guy wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

f56andbethere wrote:

Why is there ​always ​a troll or two that runs the show around here for 6-18 months at a time before they drop off the face of the earth? Trolls that use this forum as their exclusive gallery, where they post a single mediocre/awful image in each thread, and which they start a new thread 7-11 times each week...

These aren't images that warrant a new thread by any means. They are all generally nearly identical looking and exhibit no variation or improvement from shot to shot. They never mention gear/settings, and are always of the format: "Hey! Look at this [snapshot] I took!" They are never in the appropriate forum, like portraits, landscapes, e.g. They don't take constructive criticism. They are immune to any negative commentary, which is always overlooked. But they thank profusely anyone that says "Holy mother of god, this is awesome. Keep them coming PLEASE!"

I'm thinking of Ron Scubadiver, Neil Jones, and that guy that posts those orange HDR silo snapshots.

Is this some law of nature?

Help.

I think those people are not really doing any harm. I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination call them trolls. If you don't like their posts, why not just ignore them? DPR gives you a handy way of identifying their posts, it puts their nicks at the top of them. I suppose that your shots are all so orgasmically wonderful that you get the right to call others 'mediocre/awful'. Care to share?

-- hide signature --

Bob

It only took reading a few of your posts to realize you are a Pollyanna. They do a lot of harm. You are way too ignorant to spend time and energy trying to explain this to you.

Now stop walking around with a halo over your head and try to visit reality.

Interesting, most people being annoyed of so called "trolls" are much more aggressive and seem to need a large dose of prozac.

Relax your sphincters. Life's cool.

-- hide signature --

Warmest regards,
mblg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow