Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: Brian and Leif
In reply to Bright Angel, Nov 6, 2012

Bright Angel wrote:

Thank you for your replies.

I will email them back tomorrow.

This is the email they sent me today:

Thank you for your patience while I have been looking into this for you.
The technician has confirmed that the repair that he carried out to your lens did not require dismantling of the lens as it was check and tested through our diagnostics. Therefore it would be very difficult for the paint damage to occur during repair.
If you wish for the cosmetic damage to be rectified the lens will need the rear fixed ring replaced (which will mean a change of serial number) to sort this out.
The price of the part is £42.93 as it can be fitted quickly, the labour would be £34.78.(Half an hour). Both prices are excluding VAT.
Please accept my apologies if this is not the answer you were looking for and I can understand the frustration and disappointment due to this situation. If you wish to send it back in I am happy to offer a 25% discount and waver the shipping charge as a gesture of good will.

-- hide signature --

www.MarkSykesPhotography.co.uk

From this "gesture of good will" i already think that they now that it's their fault, but wont admit it. but it's my opinion.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow