Canon DR correction in G15 equals EXR?

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
Re: Canon DR correction in G15 equals EXR?
In reply to wymjym, Nov 6, 2012

wymjym wrote:

I can tell you that for my out of doors activities the G15 wasn't suitable.

I wanted a camera to replace the X10 that I loved and hated (simultaneously).

In bright light, blowing out the skies is the constant for me to be concerned with (Texas sun and a lot of water reflections)...the X10 handled it better than others but the orb fiasco etc found me selling it off. Fast forward.....I got the G15 early last month with the highest of hopes. Long story made short....since I wanted a camera to handle low light and be able to handle the skies...the G15 was my choice and after 2 weeks of intensive testing, I returned it. I had only one issue with it....I couldn't shoot in bright light, capture a blue sky and retain detail elsewhere within the frame. The 400dr trick is very helpful and I dare say that probably in less intense light (further from the equator) this would be totally acceptable. I tried the dr trick, raw, bracketing, hdr, everything....once again, except for blowing the skies this camera really rocks...quick, good iso 800~1600, fast af...really a good camera.

I might have to eat my words and find a used X10 to fill this void, but as much as I wanted the G15 to be the one...it wasn't.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujiandricoh

Well now I'm really tempted to get the G15 and compare it to my X10 which has the new sensor

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow