Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921Gear list
Like?
Question on Nikon's Xpeed Processors
Nov 6, 2012

When a new less expensive lower end camera comes out, i hear that people mention that "it has the Xpeed processor from the D4".  Does anybody know if those processors are actually the "same"??

An easy example:  There are pentium 4 processors, but at the same time there are MANY types of pentium 4 processors with different specs and quality, they are not all the same.  Some are slower and less powerful, but there are also more powerful and faster ones that are even more expensive.  Same applies to any other processor, such as a i3, i5 or i7.

Does anyone know if an Xpeed 3 processor from a D4 is actually the same as in the new D5200 for example?  Has anyone by any chance has phisically seen the part number or model number from a $5000 dollar camera and compared it to a $600 dollar one?  Just curious.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D5200 Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow