jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Re: Next lens purchase....35mm 1.8g?
In reply to huyanh96, Nov 6, 2012

huyanh96 wrote:

jjm1181 wrote:

slimandy wrote:

No, because it is a DX lens. Why don't you get something a bit furter removed from your 50mm lens anyway? You mentioned wide angle and I think that's where I'd look. I have not used the 28mm f1.8 but I'd think that might suit you. Would your budget stretch to a used 17~35mm f2.8 or a 16~35mm VR ?

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

After doing a little more research I think that I should probably get another lens further away from the 35mm 1.8g.

My current budget is around $250. I could hold off until around x-mas and maybe double that with gift cards, etc.

So if I could get a $500 budget for an ultra-wide lens, should I shoot for a tokina or sigma? The nikons look to be completely out of my price range.

Or do I go the other route and save up for a decent telephoto lens. The new 70 - 200 f4 looks good, but also a little pricey for me.

I know it's a personal preference question, but your opinions are greatly appreciated. THANKS.

How about Samyang 35mm F1.4 for around $500.00 US? It gets a lot of praises if you don't mind to manually focus.

Huy

-- hide signature --

Keep shooting

I am somewhat scared of a manual focus at this point.  I'd be too worried that I'd miss too many shots.  I'm still a newbie and I already miss a ton of shots as it is.  BUT I'm willing to do the research on the lens if it's really that good and in my price range.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow