ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Rough cut of promo shot with a99 and b-roll with a77
Nov 6, 2012

Hey All,

I can't really show the finished product as I'm waiting on the graphics for after effects, need to color grade 2/3 of the shots as well but i cut from 208 shots to just over 70 and the timing is about where I want it to be. Also the time lapse at the beginning was shot over 30 minutes for about 120 frames.

Overall I tried to push the a99 as high up as it'll go with the ISO, the entire thing was shot at 6400. I still have to denoise and add back the contrast, saturation etc. but it's mostly where I want it to be.

Quick thoughts, there was a few other crews filming last friday at the same venue and I smoked them for 2 reasons.

1) the articulating screen allowed me to shoot awkward angles without the use of an external monitor or an angle finder.

2) I pulled focus manually 90% of the time but a few of the harder angles I used auto, and it worked very well as I could barely see the screen away from my face and in the dark.

The a99 is exactly the camera I wanted for my video work, so anyone thinking about that side of things and already shoot Sony, IMO no need to get a mk2 or mk3. This is more than great at video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CVfpScWBE&feature=plcp

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow