Next lens purchase....35mm 1.8g?

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Questions thread
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: Next lens purchase....35mm 1.8g?
In reply to slimandy, Nov 6, 2012

slimandy wrote:

I'm not sure what UWA lenses you are looking at but make sure they are FX and not DX. Did you have one in mind? Sigma do an FX 12~24 which I quite like but it isn't stellar in terms of IQ, but it is very wide!

The 70~200 f4 looks good but if the Nikon WA's that I mentioned are out of your budget the 70~200 will be too. If you are happy with primes the 180mm f2.8 AF ED is very good, and you can find them used at good prices. If you want zoom and VR you could get a Nikon 70~300mm.

You need to decide what your priority is and what your budget is. What do you feel you are missing most? How much are you happy to spend? It's largely down to personal preference and budget so there is no definative answer.

I've noticed that the Nikon 28mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR lens is around $700 new.  I could probably save up for that lens in a short amount of time.

The question though is that still close to my 50mm 1.8g?  I think I'm more in the market for a wider lens as opposed to a telephoto lens.  With that being said, would it make sense for me to go for a tonikina 11-16 or stick with the Nikon 28mm?  I like having the nikon lenses because I know that they are high quality...
Any advice?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow