Reluctantly returning 16-50 (not a short post)

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
cxsparc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,446
Like?
Well...
In reply to RussellInCincinnati, Nov 6, 2012

Russell, I read your initial post and was a little bothered by its tone, too.

Laurie was so nice as to give some information on her experiences and dissatisfaction with the 16-50mm. Such information is ALWAYS welcome especially when a product is new. It is also important to learn that incamera lens correction does not work with the 5N for this lens.

There is no obligation at all to provide any information about aperture, test setup or whatever. Your IMHO aggressive reply was a long list of things Laurie did not provide.

So what? She does not have to. And her original post is still containing a lot of useful information for any would-be buyer of this zoom lens. Whereas your post didn't.

So maybe you should just take a step back, re-read your post and apologise?

My current impression on this lens is that it is optically about the same as the kit zoom, possibly worse in distortion & vignetting at 16 mm, physically smaller but without incamera correction with 5N (and possibly 7?).

So except for those who treasure small size, it may not be worth the trouble.

I had hoped that Sony would have generated a higher quality standard zoom. But maybe that is still in the pipeline....

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Duh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow