SX50hs

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
DonA2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50hs - Is it really a perfect "10" ?
In reply to Ketan Buch, Nov 6, 2012

Ketan Buch wrote:

dona2 wrote:

Check out DC Review.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

Tahnks. I read the review. Despite many adverse observations by the reviewer, I am wondering how the SX50 still manages to get a perfect 10. His comments on "sharpness due to software and not optics" and " color test in lab is moderate but real life colors are good " - its confusing.

Unfortunately , in my part of world, there is no "30 days return"policy. So, reading different reviews and posts by forum members is the only way to arrive at a decision. But too much analaysis also causes paralysis !!!!!!!! And I am facing this situation at the moment. I am wondering if the Canon sx50 would be a "good all-round" camera for SOOC jpegs. I don't post procees and neither print much.

Yes, it was a bit different from other reviews.  In camera correction is getting to be a big factor in SOOC jpgs IQ.  Oh well, it's the outcome that is important and with this type of camera we can't have it all.   With small sensors and super long zooms there is no other way.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

DonA2's gear list:DonA2's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow