Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hans von der Crone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,352Gear list
Like?
Going fullframe (from 7D): advice
Nov 6, 2012

I currently have a pretty decent setup (7D + 17-55/F2.8 + 70-200/F2.8 IS + other stuff) but since I'm not using my 7D all that much lately and mostly just use my heavy SLR setup to do paid stuff (like weddings and baptisms) I'm considering selling the whole thing and buying a nice fullframe setup.

Currently I'm looking into the Canon 6D + 24-105 lens. This is only an f4 but I'm thinking I won't exactly need a F2.8 on a fullframe. Mind, for these kind of assignments I often shoot indoors without flash.

Also might be able to switch to Nikon instead of Canon since I'm selling off my whole setup to get to fullframe. I love the 70-200 but use it way too little to justify having such an expensive lens in my bag + it'll allow me to fund the fullframe camera+lens without breaking the bank.

So what do you think? Would this be a good setup? Or would you do something else entirely? (like selling the lenses and get a nice L F2.8 lens instead and keep using the 7D?).

Hans von der Crone's gear list:Hans von der Crone's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow