Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HatWearingFool
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
A65 arrived!
Nov 6, 2012

So my Sony equipment arrived yesterday afternoon. I've spent the last 8 years shooting Olympus 4/3s and M4/3s so I have a steep learning curve ahead of me.

Last night I made sure I could use my studio strobes, read through the beginner and advanced manuals, and went out and snapped some late night photos of our first serious snowfall of the year.

I've attached a couple of my snapshots. I know they aren't the best. I was really just trying to become familiar with the controls and wanted to get things dialed in for my use.

I still have questions after reading Sony's manuals. Are there any good eBooks or websites detailing this camera?

A couple of quick questions:

1.  What does ADI flash mode do? Why would I want to use it instead of pre-TTL?
  2. How exactly does Program mode differ from Aperture priority? Aperture priority also trys to meter the scene and it seems like the control dial adjusts Aperture in both modes, while the camera adjusts shutter speed to maintain exposure. What am I missing?

My favorite shot from last night. Hard to believe This was taken at night.

I'm think this guy will regret not putting his toys away.

Winter arrives in the dead of night.

-- hide signature --

If you like my thoughts or shots check out my blog http://www.thefixedfocus.com

Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow