Question: why people buy high end cameras for snapshots?

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
RubberDials
Contributing MemberPosts: 521
Like?
Re: Question: why people buy high end cameras for snapshots?
In reply to Dustinash, Nov 6, 2012

Dustinash wrote:

RubberDials wrote:

Addictif wrote:

Something i notice in the Sony forum, more than in Canon & Nikon, is that, we see people that just take snapshots, buying top of the line A99's.
So, no, i'm not going to "rage against you". I just want to understand why do you spend such amount of money, just to take snapshots ? You like having the latest and greatest? Just a tool that will allow you to grown in photography? Just a gadget and you like to experiment new gadgets?

Many people changed from the A77 to the A99 ( not only here ) ... but again, only for snapshots. Or, the excuse of having the best tool to grow and progress in photography ... ( what, imo, its BS )

-- hide signature --

Pedro Sombreireiro.
Shooting with: A77, 16-50 F2.8, 35 f1.8, 50 F1.8 & 85 F2.8
Flickr @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/86235052@N06/
500px @ http://500px.com/pedrosombreireiro

For most amateur photographers it's more about owning equipment and playing with it than actual photography.

In the film days there was even less going on, just bitching about this-or-that feature, mode etc.

With the exception of professionals the amount of equipment you own is usually inversely proportional to the amount of pictures you take.

I always smile when I hear people asking: 'which new lens should I buy' or stating that they NEED a full-frame camera - or the latest one - a full-frame camera with an optical viewfinder. Most of the greatest photographs ever taken were taken with manual cameras and a four-element lens. An A200 would be a huge advance on them although of-course it's a 'beginner's camera' to the gear-twiddler.'

Canon and Nikon shooters are not any more serious - probably worse, there's just more of them.

Not true. The a200's sensor comes no where close to a film camera in dynamic range, resolution or noise quality.

Seems like you misunderstood my post.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow